inspired by FOLK: apple cider floats

Hey folks! It's Michael again with another fall recipe. I'm so glad you enjoyed my whole wheat apple muffins. I heard great reviews from a couple of you that that made them.

Did you have a chance to check out the video from the staff of FOLK that was posted earlier this week? I don't know about you, but i'm brimming with excitement for the christmas issue. After watching the video i had a craving for hot apple cider. So today i wanted to share a new take on an old favorite. Hot apple cider floats!


Here's what you'll need: apple cider, vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce and nutmeg.

In a small saucepan (or microwave) heat cider. Then, fill a glass about 1/2 full with ice cream.


Top ice cream with a tablespoon of caramel sauce.


Pour hot apple cider over ice cream until full.


Top with freshly grated nutmeg.


Grab your latest copy of FOLK magazine and a comfy chair, then sit back and enjoy!


SUBSCRIBE to FOLK! 
Subscribe today to receive six fabulous issues a year of FOLK. 

$32.70


Michael's column 'Inspired by' will appear regularly in FOLK
You can also reach him at inspired by charm or on facebook.

Comments

  1. ggaahhh...I'm drooling here! That looks so scrumptious !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh.... got a diet version? haha (forget that!!! all or nothin' right?)

    This looks amazing!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!! Yeah, that looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. diet version : sugar free ice cream, sugar free cider, fat free caramel topping, and nutmeg.. walla... bet it wont taste just the same, but I am sure it will be close :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man! I wish I would have found this in the fall. My favorite things all in one cup.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts